Did you know that to face the threat of climate change, the loss of ecosystems and pollution, at least 1 billion hectares of land should be restored? It may seem that taking care of the environment is very difficult to carry out, but each of our actions can have a significant impact. Learn how here!
Human beings currently use approximately 2 times the amount of resources that nature can provide, which means that conservation efforts right now are insufficient to prevent the loss of biodiversity.
In addition, it is calculated that, to restore terrestrial biodiversity, at least 200,000 million dollars are needed within 10 years. Among the ecosystems in most urgent need of restoration are farms, forests, mountains and oceans.
These data are very serious and we, as human beings, are not aware of what is currently happening with the Earth's ecosystems. That is why it is very important that people question themselves more often how to take care of the enviroment.
Índice de contenidos
10 TIPS TO TAKE CARE OF THE ENVIRONMENT AT HOME
From home you can also contribute to the restoration of ecosystems with very simple actions to take care of the environment:
- Separate the garbage. It costs nothing and it is very important to separate waste so that it can be recycled.
- Use products that can be reused. For example, instead of using paper napkins, it would be more convenient to use cloth napkins. In this way they can be used several times, thus protecting nature
- Turn off the lights. Many times we inadvertently leave the light on in a room that we are not occupying at the time, and even if it seems not, this pollutes the environment a lot, so it is important to make sure to turn off the lights before leaving.
- Eat organic food. These sustainable products help take care of the environment because fertilizers or any polluting product are not used in their production.
- Close the taps properly. Make sure that the taps in your house are closed correctly and that there are no leaks, since lost drops do a lot of damage to the environment.
- Move on public transport. Much of the pollution comes from cars, which is why it is important to use public transport, since its mechanisms are electric and do not harm nature.
- Take your own bags to the supermarket. Supermarkets are reducing the consumption of plastic bags to avoid their use and encourage recycling. If you take your cloth bags, you will not only be able to use them several times, but you are also helping to care for the environment.
- Change the light bulbs in your house. If you put energy-saving light bulbs in your house, they not only heat less, but they light up the same, last longer and consume less energy.
- Recycle everything you can. Before throwing away clothes or books, you can give them a second chance to avoid spending. You can also donate them to NGOs where they will be happy to take it to those who need it most.
- Plant trees. Trees produce a lot of oxygen and are essential for nature.
RESTORATION OF ECOSYSTEMS
Ecosystem restoration includes many practices, including reforestation of forests. This restoration contributes to the pursuit of many Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), such as climate action, underwater life, the life of terrestrial ecosystems, among others.
More and more companies are joining this cause and wondering how to take care of the enviroment.
From Fazil, we are very aware of climate change, the loss of ecosystems and pollution. For this reason, we have created the initiative that for every euro spent, the user is contributing to reforestation by planting their own tree.
And not only that, as our card is digital 100% where you can only pay with your mobile phone, we do not produce physical plastic cards, in this way we also help and contribute to the restoration of ecosystems and the environment.