More and more people opt for making purchases on the Internet, so the increase in the use of free virtual cards continues to grow each year. According to the VII annual study of Ecommerce, 22.5 million Spaniards used the internet as a shopping channel in 2020, a record. The truth is that subsequent years seem to follow the same steps and in the face of a growing digital purchase panorama it is normal to ask: How can we make the most of the functionalities of our free virtual credit cards? Is there an alternative to the traditional card that gives me greater guarantees? The truth is that yes.
If you are looking for an alternative to credit cards, the free virtual cards they are the best option.
Índice de contenidos
What is a virtual card?
First there was the change from cash to card and now the change from physical card to virtual card. The transformation of the banking world is imminent and these new cards are the future.
The virtual cards They are a financial instrument that will allow you to make all your purchases online. Like physical credit cards, they are provided with a number, expiration date and security code to verify your purchases.
It is important to clarify that some virtual cards free They have a physical format. What differentiates them from conventional credit cards is that they are not provided with a magnetic stripe. However, there are also virtual cards without a physical format, which will allow you to operate entirely using your device.
The virtual credit cards They will allow you to make purchases online without having to reveal your bank card details, which offers greater security.
What can I use a virtual card for?
The virtual cards They were born with one goal: to be used for online purchases. Because? Because they provide the user with great security. They do not provide bank details and may be associated with limited funds on the card itself.
The virtual cards They will allow you to request, send, receive money and make transfers at any time. Also, some virtual cards free they go one step further. With them you can make physical payments from your mobile device, without the need for a card. This new payment system will allow you to process the purchase through Apple Pay and Google Pay, depending, of course, on your type of device and whether the card issuer is a member of these payment systems. Therefore, the line between online purchases and physical purchases has blurred and it is possible to find virtual cards that include both possibilities.
5 benefits of using virtual cards
The virtual cards they offer great comfort and ease in terms of their use and management and bring many benefits to their users. They are in a sector in full expansion and with an eye on improving the product. With all the functionalities of physical cards and all the convenience of online management. These are just some of the benefits of create virtual cards.
- There are many virtual cards free. No registration fees, maintenance or commissions.
- Security. You don't need to recharge them with cash and all your payments will be protected. They are the safest option for your online purchases, minimizing the risk of fraud.
- Control from the app. Control all your money from the card app. Access your movements and organize your expenses and savings.
- Comfort. You can shop online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Eco friendly. Some virtual cards They do not have a physical format. Forget about the wallet and help the environment.
- Are you afraid that youhack" the card? You can cancel it at any time and create a new virtual card with a different number.
- You can pay both in online stores and in physical stores.
- You can better control your finances, since you can set a maximum amount to spend per month.
What are the best free virtual cards?
There are more and more possibilities as far as this new card initiative is concerned. The offer is increasing and it is normal to wonder: What is the best free virtual card? Each one has different nuances in terms of functionality. That is why we present the main ones.
- revolut. Operated by Mastercard. It allows money to be deposited into the Revolut account by bank transfer or with a card from another entity (as if it were an online purchase). If it is done in the first way, the minimum is €0, in the second way, a minimum of €10 will have to be deposited.
- Fazil. We are a completely free virtual card wallet account. No registration fees or maintenance fees, no conditions. In Fazil We do not have a physical card format, we see it as something démodée, since you can perfectly make all your purchases both online and in physical commerce by paying through Apple Pay or Google Pay with your smartphone.
- Bankia. It allows you create a free virtual card so that you can limit its use to the balance that you have previously loaded, as a tool to control your spending. It does not have physical support and only makes it possible to purchase online.
- BBVA virtual card. Is free virtual card It does not have a physical format and only allows online purchases. The maximum top-up that it contemplates is €600 through ATMs, by phone, online at BBVA branches and through the entity's apps.
- Banco Santander e-cash virtual. It allows top-ups of a minimum of €6 up to a maximum of €1650. They can be done by phone, online banking, mobile apps, bank offices and ATMs. It is free for the first year. In addition, if you make at least three annual purchases, the renewal is also free. Otherwise the renewal will cost €9.
From Fazil we want to offer you all the advantages of a physical card and all the security of a virtual card. Everything, without any cost. If you are still not sure of all the advantages that a neobank has for you, we recommend you read our post best spanish neobanks so that you leave doubts.