Companies are making more and more efforts to offer the best experience to their customers. The services they offer seek greater comfort for their users and the financial sector is constantly changing, always trying to improve its services and usability.
In this case it is Google who proposes Google Pay, a payment service and control of financial tools that will help you order all your cards. We explain what it is and how google pay works.
Índice de contenidos
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a free application developed by Google that will allow you to make payments wherever you want through cards that the user associates with the app. Its particularity? You will be able to pay everything only using your Android smartphone.
It is a place to keep all credit and debit cards. But not only that. Also your gift cards or loyalty cards. And beyond the payment function, you can collect tickets and boarding passes there.
Pay with Google Pay it's simple. Make purchases in physical stores, in applications, on web pages and in Google services. Operate normally with the convenience of having all your cards on your device. you can also transfer your balance from Google Pay to PayPal in a simple and intuitive way.
How to pay with Google Pay?
Google Pay It is a very useful tool to organize our cards and gain convenience and save time. It is very easy to use but it is normal to ask yourself, what are the steps to follow to pay with Google Pay? Here we explain how to use it.
Add card from your bank's app
- Enter your bank's app
- Access card settings
- Add it to Google Pay
- Insert the code that you will receive by SMS.
- Click on continue and you will have the card on your mobile.
Add card from Google Pay
- Download the app Google Pay. It is free and you can find it in your Play Store.
- Select the option Credit or debit card. You can add a photo of your card or upload the information manually to the app.
- Confirm your identity through a message with a code to your phone number.
- It is essential to make payments through Google Pay. Not all mobiles have NFC. If yours has this technology included, you can activate it by lowering the notification bar, from the drop-down menu or from the device settings.
- Pay in physical commerce. Once your card has been added and your identity verified, you can pay in physical stores. You don't need to open the app for this. Google Pay. Simply activate the mobile, place it on the reader and that's it, wait for the payment verification.
- Pay in online stores. First you must make sure that the online store allows this payment method. If so, the symbol will appear. Google Pay or the option “Pay with Google Pay”. Then you must select the card with which you want to pay and confirm the payment. Ready.
It is essential to make payments through Google Pay that you activate the NFC. Not all mobiles have NFC. If yours has this technology included, you can activate it by lowering the notification bar, from the drop-down menu or from the device settings.
Advantages of using Google Pay
- Google Pay saves your card details are not stored on the device or on servers, so they are not shared.
- Thanks to contactless payment, you can pay comfortably by bringing your mobile to the dataphone and without having to carry a credit or debit card with you, or even taking out your wallet.
- Through instant transactions, the process is streamlined since it is not necessary to enter data or sign a receipt and you also have control over your expenses at the moment.
- Google Pay is compatible with a wide range of payment terminals, which means that you can use it in the vast majority of shops and establishments from anywhere.
What cards are compatible with Google Pay?
Google Pay collaborates with dozens of banks in Spain and its partners include many cards, some conventional and some newer.
Between the cards compatible with Google Pay we find American Express, N26, Rebellion, Revolut and Fazil, among other.
On the other hand, among banks that collaborate with Google Pay in Spain names like Bankia, Kutxabank, Bankinter, Evo and BBVA.
Is Google Pay safe?
Yes, definitely. Google Pay, keeps your data always safe. When you pay at any store, Google protects your card details. These are not shared with each payment, but an encrypted number is sent to the establishment.
For Google it is very important that you have the security that your information is always protected and therefore Google Pay offers the user the possibility to block and delete all the data found in their app, which is very useful in case of loss or theft of the device.
Samsung Pay or Google Pay?
There are many companies that have decided to join the payment method proposed by Google. Apple and Samsung, at the forefront of innovation, present their proposals to facilitate the experience for their users by offering comfort, practicality and security. that's how it's born Samsung Pay.
Samsung proposes this mobile payment system in which the user must select the card they wish to use to make their payment. To verify it, you must scan your fingerprint. This payment method works at any POS as a contactless card would.
How is Samsung Pay different from Google Pay?
The nature of both applications is the same. The service they offer is about allowing users to make payments using only their mobile device, without the need for a physical card.
However, beyond the structural function of the service there are differences between them and therefore there are several things that users must take into account when choosing between these two payment methods.
- The technology they use.
The payment method proposed by Samsung can recreate the magnetic stripe of the cards. This makes it compatible with the 95% of payment terminals around the world. On the other hand, the method proposed Google Pay uses NFC payment points, a newer system.
- Target audience.
Samsung Pay It is focused only on terminals from the Samsung Galaxy range. Specifically, it can be used by those users who have an operating system corresponding to their S6 model or onwards. Google Pay for its part, it focuses on those users who have an Android operating system. This means that a user with a Samsung mobile will be able to choose between both services, but a user with an Android mobile from any other brand will not be able to use Samsung Pay.
From Fazil We hope we have clarified your doubts about Google Pay. We believe that it is without a doubt one of the best options that exist to get the most out of the free virtual cards that exist in the market and we invite you to start using this service with your Android and our card without commissions or conditions. Of course, totally free.