As consumers continue to deal with financial uncertainties caused by the pandemic, saving a certain amount of money each month has become a priority for many. Although it is possible to keep the accounts by hand, the apps to control expenses they have become a popular way to track spending and saving habits.
With so many apps available and a wide range of features between them all, it can be overwhelming to go through the many options.
In Fazil we have classified the best expense tracking apps so you can select the application that best suits you and your needs.
choose one app to keep score It may seem like a small decision compared to other personal finance decisions. But the right app can make a world of difference in your personal financial life.
But first and before making a choice, consider What are your needs and what goals do you have in the short and long term?. The right app can give you useful information and data about your spending and savings. But before that happens, first identifying what your financial goals are can help reduce your time searching for the right app for you.
Outside of your goals, here are some features to consider before committing to a budget app.
Índice de contenidos
Features of the apps to control your expenses
If you are interested in using an app to control your expenses, you should take into account some of the following characteristics:
- Cost: The budget apps may not be free. Many of them are, or offer free versions, while some charge a monthly fee. While it may be tempting to choose a free app, don't overlook paid apps. If a budgeting app can significantly improve your financial outlook, it may be worth the investment.
- Functionalities: Each app has unique features and benefits, so it may be worth trying a few different apps to see which one best suits your needs. The typical characteristics of the main app to control expenses Standard includes: connect all your financial accounts, receive notifications of upcoming bill payments, create a budget, track spending, set financial goals, and more.
- Security: The security of your personal information is very important, especially when it comes to bank details and login information. Although most inexpensive applications have some degree of security, some are more complex than others. Be sure to analyze the security encryption level of each application. On their website, you can find security features like 256-bit encryption and multi-factor authentication. In addition to using a secure Wi-Fi network, these security features can also help prevent outsiders from accessing your information.
How do they work?
Each application is different, but for the most part they work in the same way to help you manage your money. These apps sync with your bank accounts and credit cards to help you make a track spending and manage your financial life virtually anywhere.
The main function is to help you create a realistic budget that you are able to meet based on your usual income and expenses. Some apps use a specific budgeting approach, such as zero-based budgeting. Others take a more general approach, allowing you to create different budget categories and allocate money to those categories.
Some of the other things you can do with a budget app include:
• spend tracking. Expense apps that are linked to your bank accounts or credit cards can automatically record new purchases, transactions or movements within the account.
• Scheduled payments. Similar to the automatic bill pay feature, you may be able to use a budgeting app to pay bills remotely automatically each month.
• Track due dates of invoices. Due date trackers can help you avoid late bill payments.
• Save to achieve financial goals. Some budgeting apps have savings features. You can set up savings features and schedule automatic deposits with money you don't plan to spend.
The main idea behind these apps is to give you control of your money while offering simplicity and convenience.
They are necessary?
Making a budget and then sticking to it are things that are not necessarily complementary. Often times, it can be challenging to stick to a spending plan.
Using a budget app is one option you might consider if you're ready to break the cycle of spending what goes into your account without any control.
The budgeting applications to control your expenses promise comfort and simplicity when it comes to controlling your money. But how effective are they? Is a budget app worth spending your time on?
For a budget app to really work for you, you need to be prepared to stick to the spending plan you set (always be realistic).
- Lack of attention. Budgeting apps can make things like automating bill payments and tracking expenses easier. But that can backfire if you're not aware of what's going on with your accounts. Setting expiration dates or low balance notifications can help you avoid this. But if you ignore the notifications, you could still end up with an overdrawn account because you weren't paying attention.
- Discrepancy in budgeting method. Not all budgeting apps work the same. If you choose an app that doesn't match the way you're used to managing your money, your budgeting efforts could end up being a total failure.
- Accountability. At the end of the day, it's up to you to analyze your spending and figure out where your money is going and what you might need to change to improve your finances. A budget app won't require you to do that.
- It does not address financial behaviors. If someone is in the habit of overspending, then using a budgeting app alone may not be enough to change that.
Types of apps to control your expenses:
- fintonic: is a financial application that helps you control your expenses, save money and manage your personal finances easily. It allows you to synchronize your bank accounts and credit cards to automatically track your transactions, create budgets and receive personalized alerts.
- Fazil Neobank: Fazil is a digital neobank that gives you a fully mobile banking experience. Its application allows you to manage your money easily and safely. You can make transfers, control your expenses through customizable categories and receive notifications in real time to be aware of your financial movements.
- MoneyWiz: MoneyWiz is a financial management app that allows you to track your income and expenses, set budgets, perform detailed analysis, and sync your data across multiple devices. It also offers features like invoice planning and investment management.
Also, if you want to get the most out of your personal finances and you want to know what all your options are for storing that money, in this article we explain the difference between wallet accounts and cards prepaid.