Índice de contenidos
youth bank cards
What are youth bank cards?
There are many types of cards, but few are focused on a younger audience. The youth cards they have low costs, as well as a lower spending limit than other types of cards.
They are usually linked to a young bank account at no cost for minors or those under 30 years of age. If it is a minor, the parents will have to sign the application for them in order to verify if they are solvent. This does not happen with prepaid cards since it is not necessary to be able to spend only the amount of money that is deposited.
Most banks include specific cards within their services, that is, young credit cards, which are aimed at young people with an average age between 18 and 30 years, in the case of being minors some banks offer youth debit cards.
Characteristics of a youth account
This type of young account without commissions It is specially designed for clients with a lower age range. These are current accounts to be able to operate without commissions and that do not require direct deposit of a salary or regular income.
Most of these accounts maintain some common characteristics between them:
- They are free cards and without commissions: they offer debit or prepaid cards.
- They offer multiple advantages such as discounts, experiences or gifts.
- They provide access to the Youth Card to operate with a bank card and to be able to enjoy all the advantages of the Youth Card of each autonomous community.
Best cards for young people without payroll
If you are looking to open an account without payroll, we offer you some accounts that, although they are not specialized for young people, have a card associated with them and fulfill the basic functions:
- BBVA Online Account: It is an interesting option for young people with which it is not necessary to have a salary or direct debit your receipts.
- Bankinter Non-Payroll Account: Up to 5% TAE is remunerated the first year, so it is interesting for young people with savings. Bring a credit card associated with the account without issuance or maintenance commissions. The condition is that ten receipts are included per quarter.
- Open Bank account: You must be over 18 and despite not being a young account as such, you do not have to receive any income to use it or direct deposit anything. Bring a free debit card for young people with which you can make instant payments, without commissions and free of charge at Banco Santander ATMs.
Cards in neobanks for young people
Young people are turning to alternatives to traditional banking that give them greater confidence and support as customers. This is the key phenomenon of recent years. Factors such as modernization, globalization or technological progress have forced the sectors that make up the economies of the countries to adapt to these new times.
The banking sector is one of those that has invested the most in technological innovation and modernization of its services. This is how neobanks were born, becoming the main alternative to traditional banking.
They offer free account maintenance and agility and speed for all their users who want to go digital. Its audience fits perfectly with young people and adolescents since they understand the operation of all the apps almost by inertia and instinct.
There are neobanks like Fazil Neobank, that offers an account and card for your lifestyle. This is a very interesting alternative for those young people looking to obtain an account without commissions to be able to make their daily expenses in a simple way, without the need to resort to traditional banking, which further complicates the process for this type of public.
If you want more information, we recommend you read this other post about the free wallet card.